APS Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP) are three-day regional conferences for undergraduate physics majors. The 2022 conferences will be held on January 21-23, 2022. Applications to the conference are submitted through the APS website.
The primary goal of the CUWiP conference is to accomplish four specific goals:
- Find new ways to encourage women to pursue careers in physics or reinforce existing, working methods.
- Discuss ways to combat barriers to women throughout their physics careers.
- Address new challenges facing women who choose careers and education in physics.
- Provide opportunities for undergraduate women to learn about resources available to them as they navigate their physics career.
Through the 2022 CUWiP at Western Michigan University attendees will participate in discussions, research talks, panel discussions about:
- applying to graduate school
- preparing resumes
- life at graduate school
- career opportunities in physics.
Attendees will also participate in workshops and discussions about women in physics, student research talks and poster session, and laboratory tours. See full schedule here.
CUWiP has become incredibly popular. In order to maximize the number of CUWiP participants we can accommodate, we will allocate participants to sites based on travel logistics and site capacity. Please do not purchase travel or plan to be at a specific site until you receive an email confirming you have been accepted to a specific CUWiP site.
Note: CUWiP will follow the updated WMU guidelines regarding to COVID-19. Please, review them here.
The American Physical Society (APS) provides organizational support, institutional memory, and a home for external financial support necessary to operate and continually improve CUWiP events.
These conferences are supported in part by the National Science Foundation (PHY-1346627, PHY-1622510, and PHY-2012033) and by the Department of Energy (DE-SC0011076). Further details are available on the APS conference website.
Follow us on social media…